AGES 4 - 8
1. All the time Our Lady was visiting the children they really weren't sure exactly who she was. They called her "the Beautiful Lady from Heaven". During Our Lady's last visit Lucia asked her "won't you tell us who you are?" What did the Lady answer?
ANSWER: I AM THE LADY OF THE ROSARY.
2. On Our Lady's final visit to the children at Fatima she kept the promise she made to Lucia to work a great miracle to help the people believe. What was the date of Our Lady's last visit and the great miracle?
ANSWER: OCTOBER 13TH
3. The Blessed Mother made the sun spin like a huge top! As the sun turned round it radiated beautiful colors of every sort like a sparkler on the 4th of July. Then the sun began to move back and forth across the sky like a great pendulum. What do we call this great miracle today?
ANSWER: THE DAY THE SUN DANCED OR THE MIRACLE OF THE SUN
4. What work of art in our church shows what happened to the sun on that day?
ANSWER: THE STAINED GLASS ACROSS THE NORTH SIDE OF THE CHURCH
5. There were many thousands of people at Fatima that day to see the great miracle Our Lady promised to perform. While the huge crowd of people was watching the sun, the three children, Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta saw something very special just for them! What did they see?
ANSWER: THEY SAW LIVING PICTURES OF JESUS, MARY AND JOSEPH.
6. Jesus' Mother, the Virgin Mary is Our Lady of the Rosary and she asks us to pray the Rosary every day to bring peace to the world. While we pray the Rosary we are to think about all the things Jesus and Mary did while they were here with us on earth. These are called the Mysteries of the Rosary. What are 2 of these Mysteries?
ANSWER: NAME ANY OF THE 20!
AGES 9 - 13
1. The "3 Secrets of Fatima" were told the children by Our Lady during the July apparition. The first secret is a vision she showed the children of hell. She wants us to know that hell is real and that sadly many people go there. Our Lady makes it very clear that peace in the world is directly tied to the conversion of sinners. This is why it is so important that we pray and offer sacrifices for the conversion of sinners. What chastisement did she say was the result of sin?
2. The second secret is has two parts. In the first part, Our Lady told them would prevent another war (the 2nd World War) and prevent the spread of Russian errors. In 1925 she appeared to Sister Lucia with the Christ Child to ask for the spread of what devotion?
ANSWER: THE DEVOTION OF THE 5 FIRST SATURDAYS.
If this devotion could prevent a war in the past, it is logical to assume that it could also prevent wars in the future. So it is important that we practice this devotion today. To celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Our Lady's appearance at Fatima, Fr. Henri has re-instituted this most important devotion in our parish. Please bring your family and friends and join us!
3. The second part of the second secret is that Our Lady would come again to ask for the Holy Father in union with all the bishops of the world to make a consecration to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart in order to prevent Russia "from spreading her errors". She appeared to Sister Lucia in 1929 as she promised. What did Our Lady say would be the fruit of the consecration?
ANSWER: THE CONVERSION OF RUSSIA AND A TIME OF PEACE.
4. What were the errors that Our Lord and Lady were so concerned about?
5. The consecration to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart was not done until 1984. The Holy Father lived under Russian rule and was therefore well aware of the dangers to humanity of "Russian errors". Who was this Holy Father?
ANSWER: POPE SAINT JOHN PAUL II
6. The third secret of Fatima was another vision that Our Lady gave to Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco during the July apparition. The beginning of the vision shows an angel with a flaming sword threatening the earth with chastisement and calling out "Penance. Penance. Penance." But the flames are extinguished by what occurrence?
ANSWER: THE INTERCESSION OF THE BLESSED MOTHER.
AGES 14 - 18
1. As we saw in the last set of questions Our Lord and Our Lady were very concerned about the spread of Russian errors throughout the world and gave us two ways to prevent that spread: the 5 First Saturday Devotion and the consecration of Russia to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart. It is significant to note that the Bolshevik Revolution began in October of 1917 during the time when Our Lady was visiting Fatima. Name the philosophy and briefly define it to which Our Lord and Lady refer as "errors". Contemplate how these errors have affected your life.
ANSWER: COMMUNISM - A MATERIALISTIC PHILOSOPHY THAT DENIES THE EXISTENCE OF GOD AND THEREFORE REJECTS THE GOD-GIVEN FREEDOM AND DIGNITY OF EVERY HUMAN PERSON REDUCING MAN TO A SLAVE OF THE STATE.
2. Consistent with this dangerous philosophy, in 1920 Russia became the first country in the world to legalize what horrendous practice?
3. At Fatima Our Lady predicted "this war will end but if my requests are not heard and men do not amend their lives not much time will pass and another more terrible war will begin". What war was ongoing at the time of the Fatima apparitions, when did begin and end and finally what was the death toll?
ANSWER: WORLD WAR ONE BEGAN IN THE SUMMER OF 1914 AND ENDED ON NOVEMBER 11, 1918 WITH A DEATH TOLL OF 20 MILLION
4. Our Lady told the children that a great sign would appear in the night sky announcing the beginning of the next chastisement (War). The sign was great indeed. All over Europe a "crimson fire" filled the night sky causing people to call out the fire brigades in fear that something huge was burning. The world called it an aurora borealis, but Sister Lucia wrote that this was the sign that chastisement was near. When did it occur and what happened 3 months later setting into motion the next war?
ANSWER: IT OCCURRED ON THE NIGHT OF JANUARY 25, 1938. ON MARCH 12, 1938 HITLER DECLARED THE ANNEXATION OF AUSTRIA INTO GERMANY.
5. What was the next war, when did it begin and end, what was the death toll and finally what is the significance of the ending date? The Lord God never leaves pain and tragedy as the final word. He always ends on a hope filled note. What was Our Lady's final prediction at Fatima? Do you think this has happened or are we still to look forward to it?
ANSWER: WORLD WAR TWO BEGAN WHEN HITLER INVADED POLAND ON SEPTEMBER 1, 1938 AND ENDED ON AUGUST 15, 1945. THE DEATH TOLL SURPASSED 65 MILLION. AUGUST 15TH IS FEAST OF THE ASSUMPTION OF MARY INTO HEAVEN.
6. The Lord God never leaves pain and tragedy as the final word. He always ends on a hope filled note. What was Our Lady's final prediction at Fatima?
ANSWER: IN THE END MY IMMACULATE HEART WILL TRIUMPH. Do you think this has happened or are we still to look forward to it?