AGES 4 - 8
1. During Our Lady's visit in June she asked Lucia to do something very important so she would be able to help Our Lady during her whole life time. What was this very important thing that Lucia was supposed to do?
ANSWER: LEARN TO READ AND WRITE
2. The 3 little shepherds were still so sad that people didn't believe in the visits of the Lady from Heaven. So in July Lucia asked a big favor of Our Lady so that people would know that she really did come to visit them. What was this big favor?
ANSWER: THAT OUR LADY WOULD WORK A MIRACLE.
3. What did Our Lady tell the children?
ANSWER: IN OCTOBER SHE WOULD WORK A GREAT MIRACLE TO HELP PEOPLE BELIEVE.
4. Everyone would like to go to Heaven when our life on earth is over, but sadly many people don't love God or obey Him and so they can't go to Heaven. In July Our Lady showed the 3 children where people go when they die if they don't love God. What did Our Lady show them?
ANSWER: A VISION OF HELL WHERE POOR SINNERS GO
5. God and Our Lady love us very much even if we don't always love them back. So Our Lady told the children something they could do to help sinners go to Heaven. On a certain day each month if we go to Mass, say the Rosary and think about the lives of Jesus and Mary for a little while we can help ourselves and other people go to Heaven. What is this practice called?
ANSWER: THE FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION
6. Many people who did not believe in God or the Blessed Virgin Mary were very angry that the shepherd children were visited by Our Lady. So in August before Our Lady came to visit them, the children were arrested and taken away from their families for 3 whole days! These people tried many ways to frighten the shepherds and to make them say they lied about Our Lady's visits to them. But the children were so very brave. They would not tell a lie. Even when they were told they would be boiled in oil if they wouldn't give in. What did Lucia tell the people who arrested them?
ANSWER: THAT SHE WOULD PREFER TO DIE AND GO TO HEAVEN RATHER THAN BETRAY THE LADY OF HEAVEN.
AGES 9 - 13
1. Lucia, Jacinta and Francisco were very serious about their promise to pray and offer sacrifices for the conversion of sinners and to make reparation to God for sins committed. Sacrifices are things we enjoy or want that we offer to God for love of him. Name 2 sacrifices offered by the three shepherd children.
ANSWER: 1. THEY GAVE THEIR LUNCHES TO POOR CHILDREN. 2. THEY WOULD NOT DRINK WATER DURING THE DAY. 3. THEY WALKED BACK AND FORTH THROUGH STICKER BUSHES. 4. THEY TIED A PIECE OF THICK, ROUGH ROPE AROUND THEIR WAISTS. 5. THEY SPENT MANY HOURS ON THEIR KNEES WITH THEIR HEADS TO THE GROUND PRAYING INSTEAD OF PLAYING. 6. JACINTA WHO LOVED TO DANCE DECIDED TO SACRIFICE HER DANCING.
2. Our Lady asked us to offer our sufferings to God for the conversion of sinners and in reparation to God for sins committed. Sufferings come to everyone at times in their lives. We do not choose to suffer as we choose tooffer sacrifices. Francisco and Jacinta suffered greatly from the flu which took their young lives in 1919 and 1920 respectively. Lucia however lived to be 97 years old. Some of her sufferings included the loneliness she felt after her two cousins died. Name one other suffering she experienced.
ANSWER: 1. THE CRUEL TREATMENT SHE SUFFERED AT THE HANDS HER MOTHER AND SISTERS DUE TO THEIR LACK OF BELIEF IN THE APPARITIONS. 2. LUCIA SUFFERED A DARKNESS OF THE SOUL FOR ONE MONTH BROUGHT ON BY HER PASTOR'S BELIEF THAT THE APPARITIONS WERE A TRICK OF THE DEVIL.
3. During the July 13th apparition, Our Lady taught the children a new prayer that was to be added to the end of each decade of the Rosary known as the Rosary or Decade Prayer. What are the words to this prayer?
ANSWER: O MY JESUS, FORGIVE US OUR SINS AND SAVE US FROM THE FIRES OF HELL. LEAD ALL SOULS TO HEAVEN ESPECIALLY THOSE IN MOST NEED OF THY MERCY.
4. On July 13th Our Lady told the children "this war will end". To which war was Our Lady referring?
ANSWER: WORLD WAR ONE.
5. But, she said, "If people do not cease offending God a worse war will break out". Which war was Our Lady warning us about?
ANSWER: WORLD WAR TWO.
6. The Blessed Mother told the children that God would give a warning sign before the start of the next war. What was that sign and when did it occur?
ANSWER: THE NIGHT OF THE "CRIMSON FIRE" OCCURRED ON JANUARY 25, 1938.
AGES 14 - 18
The apparition of July 13th is the most important of the 6 apparitions. It contains the secrets of Fatima, Our Lady's predictions for the future and her call to us to amend our lives.
1. The first of the secrets is the vision of hell given to the children. This vision is the reason Our Lady came to earth; she came to lead us away from this horrific vision back to the Beatific Vision. What is the Beatific Vision?
ANSWER: BEHOLDING GOD FACE TO FACE AS THE ANGELIC SPIRITS AND THE SOULS OF THE JUST SEE HIM RESULTING IN PERFECT HAPPINESS. HEAVEN.
2. Our Lady told the children we must amend our lives and confess our sins so we can save our own souls, but in perfect charity we must also offer prayers and sacrifices for the souls of others. Why did Our Lady say this was important?
ANSWER: SHE TOLD US THAT MANY SOULS GO TO HELL BECAUSE THERE IS NO ONE TO OFFER SACRIFICE FOR THEM.
3. At Fatima the Blessed Virgin makes it very clear that peace in the world is directly tied to the conversion of sinners and what chastisement did she say was the result of sin?
4. The first part of the second secret of Fatima is Our Lady's request for the "Communion of Reparation" or the 5 First Saturday Devotion. She told the children she would come sometime in the future to request it and that if practiced this devotion would prevent another world war and prevent the spread of Russian errors throughout the world. In 1925 Our Lady and the Christ Child appeared to Sister Lucia in her convent to explain the devotion and to request the spread of it throughout the world. One first Saturday is to be offered for each of the 5 blasphemies against the Virgin Mary. What are those blasphemies?
ANSWER: 1. DENYING THAT SHE WAS CONCEIVED WITHOUT SIN (THE IMMACULATE CONCEPTION) 2. DENYING THAT SHE WAS A VIRGIN BEFORE DURING AND AFTER THE BIRTH OF THE LORD (HER PERPETUAL VIRGINITY) 3. DENYING THAT SHE IS THE MOTHER OF GOD AND OUR MOTHER (GIVEN TO US BY JESUS ON THE CROSS) 4. INSTILLING CONTEMPT OR INDIFFERENCE FOR OUR LADY IN THE HEARTS OF CHILDREN 5. DISHONOR OR DESECRATION TO IMAGES OF OUR LADY.
5. Our Lady of Fatima has the celebration of the 5 First Saturdays. It can be celebrated every first Saturday of the year. Of what does this devotion consist?
ANSWER: 1. RECEIVE HOLY COMMUNION 2. PRAY THE ROSARY 3. SPEND 15 MINUTES KEEPING OUR LADY COMPANY BY MEDITATING ON ONE OF THE MYSTERIES OF THE ROSARY 4. GO TO CONFESSION SOME TIME DURING THE MONTH; ALL DONE WITH THE INTENTION OF MAKING REPARATION FOR ONE OF THE BLASPHEMIES AGAINST OUR LADY.
6. The second part of the second Fatima secret is Our Lady's request for the Pope in union with all the bishops of the world to consecrate Russia to Our Lady's Immaculate Heart. As with the First Saturday devotion, this consecration was intended to convert Russia and prevent the spread of Communist errors throughout the world. Our Lady came to Sister Lucia in 1929 to ask for this to be done. However the consecration was not done for many years. Jesus told Sister Lucia that it would be done, but it would be too late, that Russia would already have spread her errors throughout the world. When was the consecration successfully completed and by which Pope?
ANSWER: IT WAS COMPLETED ON MARCH 25, 1984 BY POPE JOHN PAUL II