AGES 4 - 8
1. In 1917, exactly 100 years ago the Blessed Virgin Mary appeared to 3 little children in the fields outside their little village. What is the name of their little village?
2. The oldest child was 10 years old and her two cousins were 9 and 7 years old. What are their names?
3. These 3 little children had a very important job to do that they were given by their families. What was that important job?
4. The Blessed Virgin Mary visited with the children 6 times during the year of 1917. What was the date of her first visit?
5. The children had many questions to ask the Blessed Virgin. What would you ask her if she came to visit you?
6. Each time the Blessed Mother visited with the children she asked them to do something very important for peace in the world. What did she ask them to do?
AGES 9 - 13
1. In 1916, the year prior to the apparitions by the Blessed Mother the children received 3 visits from an angel of God. Who did he say he was?
2. The angel was sent by God to prepare the children for the tasks the Blessed Mother would give each of them to do. What were the three things he taught Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta that were important for them to do?
3. Why did he say these things were important?
4. The Angel was speaking to the shepherd children of Fatima, but his words are true for us as well. What did the Angel of Peace tell the children would be the end result of their (and our) obedience to these 3 requests?
5. What are "sacrifices"?
6. What does it mean to "suffer with patience"?
AGES 14 - 18
1. One year prior to the apparitions of Our Lady to the three shepherd children they were visited 3 times by the Angel of Peace, the Guardian Angel of Portugal sent by God the Father to prepare the children for the tasks Our Lady would assign to each of them. During the first visitation he taught them this prayer known as the Pardon Prayer:
My God I believe I adore I hope and I love you and I beg forgiveness for all those who do not believe do not adore do not hope and do not love you.
This prayer calls to mind the adoration due to God and the three Theological Virtues. What are the three theological virtues?
2. When the Angel came a second time the children were playing. When he arrived he reprimanded them saying, "What are you doing? Pray. Pray much!" He continued:
"Offer God a sacrifice of anything you can as an act of reparation for the sins with which He is offended and as a supplication for the conversion of sinners. Draw peace upon your country by doing this. Above all, accept and endure with submission whatever suffering the Lord sends you."
What is a sacrifice?
3. How does suffering differ from sacrifice?
4. In the fall of 1916 the Angel came for the final time. When he appeared to the children he held in his hand a chalice. Above the chalice, suspended in mid air was a host bleeding drops of blood into the chalice. He left the chalice and host suspended and prostrated himself before them. He prayed this prayer:
Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly and offer Thee the most precious Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the earth, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges, and indifferences with which He is offended. And through the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg Thee for the conversion of poor sinners.
Sacrileges refer to a lack of reverence for the Eucharistic presence of Our Lord. Failure to confess a mortal sin and failure to observe the fast before receiving Communion are some examples. "Indifferences" reveal a lukewarm heart. What are 3 examples of "indifferences"?
5. The Angel taught the children to make "reparation" to God. What is meant by "reparation?
6. What was the greatest act of reparation ever made?