AGES 4 - 8
1. Francisco Marto was a typical little boy who loved the little animals of the fields and he was very good at playing the flute. He was 9 years old when Our Lady came to visit Fatima. He was not able to see Our Lady like Jacinta and Lucia were, but he could hear everything she said. Our Lady said he would go to Heaven, but there was something he had to first. What was it that Francisco had to do?
ANSWER: PRAY MANY ROSARIES
2. Francisco loved to spend many hours praying behind the altar at the foot of the tabernacle where the priests keep Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. The three shepherd children loved Jesus very much in Holy Communion. What did they call the Eucharist?
ANSWER: THE HIDDEN JESUS
3. Francisco became very sick and suffered a great deal. Our Lady came to take him to Heaven in April of 1919 when he was just 11 years old. Francisco offered God all his suffering and prayers for a very special intention. What was this intention?
ANSWER: TO COMFORT JESUS FOR ALL THE SINS THAT HURT HIM VERY MUCH
4. Jacinta Marto was Francisco's little sister and she was only 7 years old when Our Lady visited Fatima. Jacinta loved to dance whenever Francisco played the flute. She also loved Jesus the Good Shepherd. What did Jacinta do to imitate Jesus the Good Shepherd?
ANSWER: SHE WOULD TAKE THE LITTLEST LAMB AND PUT IT ON HER SHOULDERS JUST LIKE JESUS.
5. Just like her brother Jacinta also became very sick and suffered very much. Our Lady came to take her to Heaven in February of 1920 when she was 10 years old. She offered God all her suffering and prayers for a very great intention. What was her intention?
ANSWER: TO SAVE THE SOULS OF POOR SINNERS FROM GOING TO HELL.
6. Jacinta and Francisco were very holy children and Our Lady told them they would go to Heaven. People who go to Heaven are called Saints. Sometimes Father God tells us certain people are in Heaven by performing miracles through their prayers. It takes one miracle to become a "blessed" and another to become a "saint". Jacinta and Francisco were first "blessed". The Holy Father has just approved a second miracle for Jacinta and Francisco. On May 13th 2017 Pope Francis visited Fatima to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Our Lady's appearance there. What did he do when he went to Fatima?
ANSWER: HE CANONIZED JACINTA AND FRANCISCO AND MADE THEM SAINTS.
AGES 9 - 13
1. We looked at the third secret of Fatima during the last set of questions and we saw the angel with the flaming sword calling for penance. As the vision continues, the children saw a "bishop dressed in white" climbing up a steep mountain with a huge cross at the top. As he climbed he prayed for the souls of those who were killed as they were climbing the mountain. When the bishop reached the top he was shot by soldiers and killed. Who did Pope St. John Paul II believe was the "bishop dressed in white"?
ANSWER: HE THOUGHT THE BISHOP WAS HIMSELF.
2. And who did he think were the people who died climbing the mountain?
ANSWER: THE MARTYRS OF THE 20TH CENTURY
3. At the time of Our Lady's apparitions at Fatima, Portugal was ruled by Freemasons who do not believe in God and who hated the Catholic Church. The mayor of the district of Fatima was also a Freemason. He devised a plan to prove the children were lying about Our Lady's apparitions. What did he do on the 13th of August just as the children were going to meet Our Lady?
ANSWER: HE KIDNAPPED THEM AND KEPT THEM PRISONER FOR THREE DAYS.
4. The mayor tried everything he could think of to make them say they were lying: he spent many hours questioning them and bullying them. He put them in jail and when he released them from the prison he threatened to kill them. How did he say they would die? After all this terror how did the children respond?
ANSWER: (part 1) BY BEING BOILED IN OIL.
ANSWER: (part 2) BY TELLING THE MAYOR IF HE KILLED THEM THEY WOULD GO STRAIGHT TO HEAVEN AND SO IT DIDN'T MATTER.
5. On October 13th Our Lady visited Fatima for the final time. During this apparition she performed the great miracle she promised to the children to help us believe in her appearances. While the crowd of 70,000 people witnessed the Miracle of the Sun the children saw visions of Our Lord, Our Lady and St. Joseph who gave their blessings to the world. What happened during the Miracle of the Sun?
ANSWER: THE SUN BECAME LIKE A SILVER DISK THAT COULD EASILY BE LOOKED AT AND THEN IT SPUN AROUND SHOOTING OUT ALL THE COLORS OF THE RAINBOW. FINALLY IT BEGAN TO DESCEND TO THE EARTH TERRIFYING ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE KILLED.
6. Lucia saw a vision that was just for her alone. She saw Our Lady of Mount Carmel which was a prophecy as one day Lucia would become a Carmelite Nun. To which saint did Our Lady of Mount Carmel first appear and what did she give to the saint that became part of the Carmelite habit?
ANSWER: OUR LADY APPEARED TO SAINT SIMON STOCK AND SHE GAVE HIM A BROWN SCAPULAR.
AGES 14 - 18
1. The third and final secret of Fatima is a second vision the children were given during the July 13th apparition. This vision was written down by Sister Lucia in 1944 and given in a sealed envelope to her bishop. The first part of the vision shows a mighty angel with a flaming sword threatening the earth with chastisement and calling out "Penance. Penance. Penance." But the flames are extinguished by the intercession of the Blessed Mother. What does the angel mean by "Penance"?
ANSWER: OR REPENTANCE - INCLUDES REFORMATION OF LIFE, GRIEF FOR ONE'S SINS AND A WILLINGNESS TO PERFORM REPARATION FOR ONE'S SINS.
2. The second part of the vision as is follows: We saw a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God. Pope St. John Paul II requested the envelope in 1981 while he was in the hospital. What event made him desire to read the 3rd Fatima secret and when did it occur?
ANSWER: THE ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT ON HIS LIFE BY ALI AGCA ON MAY 13, 1981
3. St. John Paul saw himself as the "bishop dressed in white" and he saw all those who died as they were climbing the mountain as what group of people?
ANSWER: THE MARTYRS OF THE 20TH CENTURY
4. The October 13th apparition is by far the most famous as this is when the Miracle of the Sun occurred witnessed by 70,000 people of every walk of life including the press and members of the secular government. While the vast crowd was watching the sun dance and spin in the sky the 3 children witnessed a miracle all their own. The Blessed Mother presented them living pictures of herself, St Joseph and Jesus. The first picture depicts the Holy Family: Mary is with St Joseph who is holding the Child Jesus and they are making the sign of the cross over the world. Mary is dressed in blue and white as Our Lady of the Rosary. What Mysteries of the Rosary does this tableau suggest?
ANSWER: THE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
5. In the next scene Christ appears at the base of the sun cloaked in red and with Him is Our Lady dressed in the purple gown of Dolours. What Mysteries of the Rosary is suggested here?
ANSWER: THE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
6. Finally Our Lady appears in the brown robes of the Carmelite Order; Our Lady of Mount Carmel, crowned Queen of Heaven and Earth. Shown to Lucia alone who would later become a Carmelite Nun. This picture is representative of which Mysteries of the Rosary?
ANSWER: THE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES